This is a story about the transformation that is possible with positive results.
2 weeks ago, I taught our PRESS PLAY Training Seminar over a long weekend to NRG Home Services. NRG is a large utility company that has recently gotten into the home services business. This class marked the 3rd time we have delivered the PRESS PLAY Class Onsite; and the 2nd time I personally taught this program.
With my first class in March of 2013, I made a couple of observations:
- The NRG Team has a great manager in Tim Armstrong. Tim is experienced in the retail world, and laid a solid foundation for the program before we performed our training.
- Many of the guys have never been exposed to a professional training company like ours. They had no idea what they were about to have happen.
- Some of the guys were not wearing their roses colored glasses. Let’s just say that the attitudes were not exactly negative, just skeptical.
So, I was prepared for a similar experience when I taught the most recent class in Dallas. However, that was not the case.
Something was different. Way different!
Everyone, and I mean everyone, was sporting a positive attitude. Guys were early (for the most part) and excited to be part of the experience.
WHAT IS GOING ON?
So, at the end of the first day, I complimented the guys on their positive approach to class. I then asked the big question,
Why are you guys so pumped about this experience?
I know I shouldn’t be so surprised, but let’s be honest; this class had a couple things working against it:
- It is during the heat of summer; and all of these guys are coming into this program with way more than 40 hours.
- It took their entire Saturday and Sunday.
The answer that came back was perfect.
This is all about attitude. My closing percentage has been above 60% consistently since the class. – Todd Cash, field supervisor
I have gone from making $350 a week, to $1,800 to $2,500 per week. I can now support my family in a way they deserve. – Jose Rivera, tech.
Everyone that was in the program was happy to be there, because the word has gotten out.
The PRESS PLAY Training Series is a great way to live a better life.
We teach ethical, proven principles that have a positive impact on everyone involved in the service call. That includes the client, tech, and company.
You can check out the testimony of Jose and Todd below.
Do you want to produce these results in your own company?
Then consider joining us at our next PRESS PLAY Training Event. We have 2 programs:
- The Tech Series: The program for techs that service and set leads. For HVAC / PLB / ELE
- The Sales Series: The program for salespeople and techs that offer replacements.