This is a great training tip for any business that is looking to boost participation form their Plumbers or Techs.
Have your team create a 60 Second Radio Commerical.
Paint the picture as follows:
You and your team members are now owners in your Plumbing or Air Conditioning Business.
Call volume is down, and you need service calls.
After doing your research, you have decided to buy some radio time. You know radio will get the reach you need, but the writers at the station are terrible!
So, you have decided to write your own radio spot.
[callout]This video provides brief instructions on “How to Deliver this Lesson” and an example from The Team of Royal Plumbing.[/callout]
Here are the guidelines for this Training Tip:
- You have 15 minutes to write out a 60 second radio commercial.
- It must be 60 seconds to fit in the ad window. (No speed reading. Must be natural and engaging.)
- It must be a complete sales presentation with a specific call to action.
- You must pretend that real money is riding on your copy.
- People will respond or they won’t based on hearing your presentation once.
To make the most of the training session, do the following:
- Display a timer.
- Record the presentation.
- Play it back.
- Ask what they would change.
This lesson is has the following training benefits:
- It’s fun!
- It’s easy to lead.
- It’s amazingly engaging.
- You discover what your plumbers and hvac techs believe is the value of your business.