When I talk to contractors I typically hear the same things. “Brandy I can’t get my phone to ring more often and more steadily.” “I need to find new avenues to get new business.” “I am already spending a ton on marketing.”
I’m going to share with you the silver bullet to get more sales without spending a dime in extra advertising.
For this example, I’ll be using a plumbing company. But this is absolutely applicable to any service based business.
This plumbing company did:
- $1,000,000.00 in new client revenue last year
- $300.00 average ticket
- This means the company ran 3,333 new client calls
The average contractor thinks their CSR closing rate is 90%, but few actually track it.
The average call taker, according to data tracking, closes about 50% calls for new client service.
This means that with a 50% call to close rate, this plumbing company took:
- 6,666 incoming calls from prospects, and lost 3,333 of those calls!!
Now keep in mind this includes what contractors call tire kickers and price shoppers. Those callers are still needing services. And, you probably spent advertising dollars for that call to happen.
Here’s the one change that could produce massive results: train your CSRs with these 5 steps!
By implementing these 5 steps, the example plumbing company would achieve the following:
- An increase in close rate from 50% to 75%
- At 6,666 calls, this would result in 1,667 more calls ran.
- We keep the same True Average Ticket $300.00.
- The company would grow from $1,000,000.00 to $1,500,000.00 in new clients, and no extra dollars invested in marketing.
That’s a $500,000.00 increase in revenue just from implementing CSR Call Closing training!
The people who answer your phone have such a significant impact on your business. Do you train them well?
“If you don’t train them, don’t blame them.”
5 Keys to boosting revenue:
A proper call taker should:
- Provide a transformative experience over the phone.
- Understand the value your company provides their clients, and communicates that value.
- Is trained to overcome pricing objections.
- Trained on turning price shoppers into clients.
- Have calls recorded and reviewed for training opportunities with a CSR Coach.
By implementing these 5 small things with ongoing training you can boost your top-line revenue with a minimum investment. With a focus on transformative service, these types of results are achievable.
Don’t wait, and don’t procrastinate! We are holding a CSR class just in time for you to get trained!