Do you trust your employees? Do they trust you?
In this episode, we unpack 6 ways to build trust with your team! Our special guest is our own Event Coordinator, Stacy Barrett.
Pearl of Wisdom
“Train up a child in the way he should go; and when he is old, he will not depart from it.” – Proverbs 22:6
We have 3 great presentations available to you absolutely free.
- How to Sell to Defensive Clients
- How to Build Profitable Relationships
- Sell More Through Great Questions
Today’s Session is brought to you by the PRESS PLAY for technicians and sales series. See our website for more details.
6 Ways to Build Trust with Your Team
1. Create opportunities to succeed.
- When you create an opportunity for a team member to win, they will trust you.
- Honor your employees by sending an email to your client with the employees information.
- Email on how I honored Stacy. The Team Builder of Stacy Barrett
2. Trust your people to make decisions.
- When you give your trust, people give it back.
- Create an environment where people can grow.
3. Give praise, and take the blame.
- Leaders should not look to get the credit.
- Always give praise out, and accept the blame in.
4. Build your team members.
- Trust is not given to you, it is earned.
- Investing your attention, money, and time into your team builds trust.
5. Navigate through confrontation.
- When you are willing to navigate through confrontation, it builds trust.
- Be mature enough to listen without retaliation.
6. Be generous.
- Generosity is a sign of someone who is trustworthy.
- Generosity is a 2-way street.
The Success Tune-up is to your Business what the System Tune-up is to your client’s system.
At it’s best, a Tune-up Performs 3 Value Driven Tasks:
- Discovery of problems that are hidden and out of mind.
- Prevents small problems from becoming major breakdowns.
- Keeps the system working as effectively and efficiently as it can.
The Radio Show Notes are taken from “The P.R.E.S.S. P.L.A.Y. Training Series Program”
The P.R.E.S.S. P.L.A.Y. Training Series –
To Register call 512-333-4133 and Stacy will help you. You can learn more by clicking class links below:
Questions, Comments, or Suggestions:
If you have a something to say, then leave it in the comment section below.
Also, feel free to give us some suggestions on what you would like to hear on future episodes.