What do you do when your client’s body language is screaming “NO!”?
Find out how to overcome the “Defensive Client”.
The next P.R.E.S.S. P.L.A.Y. Training Seminar will be in Austin, TX. Tech Series, taught by Terry Barrett and our Sales Series, taught by Todd Liles.
Tech Tip of the Week
Infusion Soft for your business. An amazing way to market and track online results.
SELLING TO DEFENSIVE CLIENTS
You can get a complete video with PowerPoint of this training on our website by clicking the link here.
There are 3 main times in the service call when a homeowner will show a defensive posture towards the service technician.
- During the Relationship Building phase.
- The Evaluation through Questions phase.
- During the Presentation phase.
- The Agenda
- The Overview of Findings
- The Close
1. Defensive Posturing during the Relationship phase:
- Why: This client is prone to buying. They are presenting a false wall.
- Solution: Focus on the Relationship. Get to know the person.
2. Defensive Posturing During the Evaluation phase:
- Why: This client fears giving you power that you will use against him.
- Solution: Give a good reason to ask questions. Ask fewer questions. Ask the important questions. Ask more questions later in the call.
3. Defensive Posturing During the Presentation phase:
- The Agenda
- Why: Sounds like a sales pitch.
- Solution: Make it “your” thoughts and actions.
- The Overview of Finding
- Why: You are confusing the client.
- Solution: Keep it simple and focus on results.
- The Close
- Why: You are thinking and communicating about yourself.
- Solution: Make it about the client. Your guarantees and warranties, pricing structure, products, everything is about the benefit of the client.
Listener Submitted Questions
1. David Adams: Home Energy Group said their biggest obstacle was clients needing to get 3 bids. How would you handle that call?
- Find out what they are truly saying.
- They need to see they are getting the best value.
- Sometimes they need to know the outcome and that the “risk” is not there.
- Learn how to explain things that will take the “risk” away.
2. Rory Ward: Rortech Electrical said that he wants to know how you would up sell on an electrical service call?
- Do a thorough evaluation to discover things that could potentially be damaging to their home and give them options.
- Organize that into 4 selections with the different options.
- Make sure client knows what your company offers.
3. David Munie: What is the better way, to do a live presentation or to mail the client a bid and why?
- Live presentation is always the best way.
- Easier to truly find out what the client needs.
4. Jason Sunkel; What do you do when another company comes while you are there?
- Call client when on the way, they may reschedule or have you wait.
- Join them!
- Check out your lead source to make sure that they are not sending to other companies as well.
The Radio Show Notes are taken from “The P.R.E.S.S. P.L.A.Y. Training Series Program”
The P.R.E.S.S. P.L.A.Y. Training Series –
To Register call 512-333-4133 and Stacy will help you. You can learn more by clicking class links below:
Questions, Comments, or Suggestions:
If you have a something to say, then leave it in the comment section below.
Also, feel free to give us some suggestions on what you would like to hear on future episodes.