Avoid the secret trap that business owners fall into in the hiring process.
Special Guest, Grant Robinson shares his wisdom and insight.
Pearl of Wisdom
Seven Practices of Effective Ministry by Andy Stanley
“It (steps towards the win) has to be easy, obvious, and strategic… If it’s not easy for your people to do, then they won’t do it. You can blame their lack of commitment if you want, but ultimately it’s your (the leader’s) fault because you expected too much out of them.“
Tip of the Week
Put videos on your website: Videos build value and establish relationships with your perspective client.
Listener Submitted Questions and Highlights
WHAT IS THE SECRET TRAP THAT BUSINESS OWNERS FALL INTO WHEN THEY ARE IN THE RECRUITING PROCESS?
- Forgetting the rules in the hiring process.
- Forgetting the candidate is there to sell themselves.
- You need to follow traditional hiring method and trust your instinct.
- Use tools available for hiring: references, drug testing, background checks, personality profiles.
WHAT IS THE INCENTIVE THAT MAKES THE BIG PRODUCER WANT TO JOIN MY TEAM?
- Find out what motivates the big producer.
- They want to know they have a company that will deliver their promises.
- They have to know they have a backing of a good company that helps people.
WHAT ARE THE QUALITIES THAT YOU HAVE FOUND IN THE BEST SALESPEOPLE?
- They really want to help people the right way.
- They can multi-task and not get overwhelmed.
- They can follow a process, they understand a need for it.
- They know how to manage their time.
WHERE IS THE BEST PLACE TO ADVERTISE FOR HVAC TECHNICIANS?
- Create an Employee or Vendor Referral Program.
- Create educational partnerships with tech schools in your area.
- Use active ways more than advertising. (Craig’s List works well with the right filter.)
HOW MUCH SHOULD YOU PAY A TECHNICIAN IN TODAY’S ECONOMY?
- Pay them based on a skill level to determine their worth.
- Use task pay.
The show is a value builder of Service Excellence Training. We provide training for Service Contractors in the classroom, at your location, and live training lessons over the internet. These are great tips for anyone in the residential contracting trades as a:
- HVAC Technician
- HVAC Salesperson
- Owners and Managers
The PRESS PLAY Training Program offers personalized training programs designed to increase your:
- Average Sale
- Tech Generated Leads
- Service Agreement Conversion
The PRESS PLAY Training Series –
To Register call 512-333-4133 and Stacy will help you. You can also REGISTER ONLINE.
- The Tech Series
- The Sales Series
Questions, Comments, or Suggestions:
If you have a something to say, then leave it in the comment section below.
Also, feel free to give us some suggestions on what you would like to hear on future episodes.