About James Walker
Hi, I’m James Walker. I’ve spent the last ten years working as a consultant, trainer, and executive in the service industry. I have worked with over four hundred service companies across the U.S. and Canada. I love that moment when someone discovers a deeper truth about themselves, or their abilities, for the first time. I enjoy working alongside individuals providing clarity, accountability, and insight, and seeing them emerge from personal and professional obstacles transformed.
A few things about me:
- I grew up as a missionary kid in the Philippines and China until I was about 13 years old.
- I was an electrician’s apprentice the summer after high school in Puerto Rico. If you visit a Pep Boys on the island, I roughed in the electrical.
- I graduated Cum Laude from Baylor University in ’00 with a degree in communications. I then moved to Sudan (North Africa) to work for a non-profit media group in Khartoum for two years.
- In total, I’ve visited or lived in 26 countries.
- I’ve studied seven different languages: English, Arabic, French, Chinese, Spanish, Greek, and Japanese.
- I have an amazing wife of 16 years, Adrianna, and three kids: Keller – 12, Graham – 9, and Elie Wren -7.
- I worked with Chip and JoAnna Gaines as the Project Director at Magnolia through 2008 prior to Fixer Upper.
- I worked as a consultant and a Vice President of Operations for the Aire Serv® brand at the Dwyer Group for nine years.
- I functioned as the Chief Operations Officer of bluefrog Plumbing + Drain® for a year before stepping into my role as Business Coach at SET.
- My wife and I are deeply rooted in our local church and we teach a Sunday School class of adults on a weekly basis.
- I love talking and learning about leadership and about how to create a culture of effective and engaged people. It is what drives me personally and professionally and it is even something I am writing a book about.
- I love people. Connecting with people is what gives me purpose. Put simply, my “Why” statement is this: “I want to delight in each person I encounter so that they greater know their value and more deeply believe their worth.”
If you want to know more about me, friend me on LinkedIn or Facebook. I look forward to getting to know more about you and discovering is there any way I can be of service.
With my experience and the team and resources of SET, I know I can show you how to grow your business and improve your life.
Get Your Free Strategy Session
Would you like to visit with James about your business? You can get your free Strategy Session by completing this form.
We can help!
To request a One-on-one Strategy Session with James just complete the form. We will contact you quickly.
You have Successfully Subscribed!
You Can Succeed With a Plan
Lock in Your Key People
- Team Members
Increase your Key Results
- Service Agreements
- Sale Averages
- Lead Conversions
Establish Your Key Standards
- Your Mission
- Your Brand
- Your Systems and Procedures