Learn how to take control of your business and make it do what you want it to do.
Pearl of Wisdom
“Before success comes in any man’s life, he’s sure to meet with much temporary defeat and, perhaps some failures. When defeat overtakes a man, the easiest and the most logical thing to do is to quit. That’s exactly what the majority of men do.” – Napolean Hill
Tip of the Week
Ziggeo – Allows you to screen candidates before you meet them. They upload a video to your questions, you get the first impression you want, without the wasted time. – https://ziggeo.com/
Listener Submitted Questions and Highlights
WHY HAVE YOU BEEN ABLE TO GROW SO QUICKLY?
“We had a huge expectation for volume and growth right off the bat.” – Bryan Richards
- Have an expectation of a certain volume.
- Don’t ever be content, always strive for more.
- Set a goal, accomplish it, set another one.
WHAT SCARES YOU ABOUT BEING IN BUSINESS?
“It’s a marathon, not a 100 yard dash” – Brad Carruth
- Fear of losing the winning mentality.
- You have to make the business happen.
- It won’t exhaust you if you watch your employees grow.
HOW DO YOU GET PAST THE NORMAL LIMITATIONS?
“Hire someone that will be a strong addition to the organization” – Bryan Richards
- Always hire what you are not.
- Keep reaching out to get to the next level.
HOW DO YOU HANDLE THE PARTNERSHIP WHEN YOU GET ANGRY?
“At the end of the day, we know what we are doing is for the best.” – Brad Carruth
- Like a marriage, you get what you put into it.
- Never let anything build up.
- Don’t just give problems, have solutions
- Anger, but sin not.
HOW DO YOU SPEND YOUR TIME NOW, IN THE FIELD OR IN THE OFFICE?
“You have got to have one voice for your technicians to go to.” – Brad Carruth
- More effective as a manager.
- Do whatever is needed to get the jobs done.
- Can’t stay too focused on any one thing or you will never grow.
WHAT WAS YOUR BIGGEST ADVERTISING “BANG FOR YOUR BUCK”?
“Being everywhere you can afford to be on the internet.” – Bryan Richards
- You have got to be in the search engine on the internet.
ON START UP, WHAT PERCENT DID YOU ALLOCATE TO MARKETING?
“If you put all your eggs in one basket on something that doesn’t work, you are in big, big trouble.” – Bryan Richards
- Very aggressive in marketing
- Test marketing in small doses.
- Use 15% – 20% for marketing.
The show is a value builder of Service Excellence Training. We provide training for Service Contractors in the classroom, at your location, and live training lessons over the internet. These are great tips for anyone in the residential contracting trades as a:
- HVAC Technician
- HVAC Salesperson
- Owners and Managers
The PRESS PLAY Training Program offers personalized training programs designed to increase your:
- Average Sale
- Tech Generated Leads
- Service Agreement Conversion
The PRESS PLAY Training Series –
To Register call 512-333-4133 and Stacy will help you. You can also REGISTER ONLINE.
- The Tech Series
- The Sales Series
Questions, Comments, or Suggestions:
If you have a something to say, then leave it in the comment section below.
Also, feel free to give us some suggestions on what you would like to hear on future episodes.