Learn 6 easy steps that will get your phone to ring.
Pearl of Wisdom
“Don’t wait for things to be perfect, just get started.” – Howard Shultz
Tip of the Week
Record your phone calls, and train using real life examples.
Listener Submitted Questions and Highlights
HOW DO YOU MAKE THE PHONES RING?
- Step #1 – Think: Take the time to determine what you want your phones to do. Make that decision up front. Set that goal.
- Step #2 – Seek Counsel: Share your vision with people that can guide you.
- Step #3 – Create a Plan That You Will Execute: Make a decision to invest in marketing, and do it.
- Step #4 – Train your people to make the most of the calls. CSR and Techs that don’t convert will kill your business.
- Step #5 – Track, adjust, track, adjust.
- Step #6 – Keep marketing. Don’t quit. Adjust.
HOW MUCH TIME DO YOU TAKE TO DETERMINE WHAT YOU WANT YOUR PHONES TO DO? WHAT DOES ONE OF YOUR PLANNING SESSION LOOK LIKE?
- Know the cycles of your business.
- Set marketing and separate it into different campaigns i.e. direct mail, outbound calling.
- Initial planning for the entire year should take 2-3 days.
- If a campaign does not work, change it!
WHEN IT COMES TO DEVELOPING YOUR MARKETING PLAN, WHAT TYPE OF COUNSEL ARE YOU LOOKING FOR?
- See how other industries are doing it.
- Make your marketing plan like a playbook, you have it all designed but changes can be made.
- Always be aware of the changes in your market place.
- Know your counsel to be sure you don’t get bad counsel.
HOW DIFFICULT IS IT TO EXECUTE THE PLAN? WHY DO YOU THINK MORE PEOPLE DON’T EXECUTE WELL?
- You have to be committed to the plan.
- Must have all your pieces in place.
- Fear is the main reason why people don’t execute the plan.
TRACK, ADJUST, TRACK, ADJUST. WHAT DOES THIS STEP LOOK LIKE IN YOUR BUSINESS?
- Look at daily numbers to know where you stand with monthly goals.
- Know your cost to attain your client.
WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO COMPENSATE A SALESPERSON?
- Straight commission.
- Graduated commission based on discounts.
WHAT IS A GOOD STANDARD MULTIPLIER TO USE WHEN SELLING EQUIPMENT?
- You need to know what your break even is.
- Good rule of thumb is 50%.
The show is a value builder of Service Excellence Training. We provide training for Service Contractors in the classroom, at your location, and live training lessons over the internet. These are great tips for anyone in the residential contracting trades as a:
- HVAC Technician
- HVAC Salesperson
- Owners and Managers
The PRESS PLAY Training Program offers personalized training programs designed to increase your:
- Average Sale
- Tech Generated Leads
- Service Agreement Conversion
The PRESS PLAY Training Series –
To Register call 512-333-4133 and Stacy will help you. You can also REGISTER ONLINE.
- The Tech Series
- The Sales Series
Questions, Comments, or Suggestions:
If you have a something to say, then leave it in the comment section below.
Also, feel free to give us some suggestions on what you would like to hear on future episodes.