Want to reduce overhead costs? Reduce marketing expenses?
In this podcast we will learn effective ways to increase our profits by converting existing leads into sales.
Pearl of Wisdom
Seven Practices of Effective Ministry by Andy Stanley
“Ray, when is the last time you left a church service or a meeting feeling the way you did when you left that mound just now? When’s the last time you won at church?“
Ray was stunned. He wanted to tell this pompous, not-a-care-in-the-world billionaire just what he thought; the problem was, Ray didn’t know what he thought. He only knew it had been years since he had felt that kind of excitement about his ministry.
“It’s okay, Ray. The truth is, I set you up. I know it’s a lousy trick, but it works every time. The problem is that right now you’re thinking you’re not a winner, but that’s really not your problem.”
Confused but curious, Ray asked, “Then what is my problem?”
“When you went out on that mound, it was to throw a strike right?”
“You knew that to win, you had to throw a strike. Your problem is, you don’t know what a win is at church, do you?”
“Well,” Ray began slowly, “it’s a lot of things. It’s a good service on Sunday morning and a good children’s program. It’s missions and music and a lot of things that are a little more complicated than throwing a baseball.”
Tip of the Week
Put videos on your website: Videos build value and establish relationships with your perspective client.
Listener Submitted Questions and Highlights
WHAT ARE SOME OF THE COMMON MISTAKES THAT CONTRACTOR’S UNKNOWINGLY MAKE THAT COSTS THEM SALES?
- We don’t give the techs enough time on the call.
- Know the personality of your client to know the right presentation to use.
- Put the right tech on the right call.
WHAT ARE THE TECHNIQUES TO SLOW YOUR TECH DOWN?
- Show them how much money they can make if they slow down.
- Show them how it will help eliminate callbacks.
- Techs need to trust office to rearrange calls to allow tech to remain with client.
- Have documentation to write down step by step on a call.
DURING THE CALL, IS THERE ANYTHING THEY CAN DO TO CONVERT THE SALES?
- They have to understand what questions to ask the client.
- Watch the client’s body language.
- Hardest thing for a salesperson to do is “shut up”.
- They project their own value system on how the client will buy.
DO YOU AGREE WITH DISPATCHING FOR PROFITS?
- Dispatch based on closing percentages.
The show is a value builder of Service Excellence Training. We provide training for Service Contractors in the classroom, at your location, and live training lessons over the internet. These are great tips for anyone in the residential contracting trades as a:
- HVAC Technician
- HVAC Salesperson
- Owners and Managers
The PRESS PLAY Training Program offers personalized training programs designed to increase your:
- Average Sale
- Tech Generated Leads
- Service Agreement Conversion
The PRESS PLAY Training Series –
To Register call 512-333-4133 and Stacy will help you. You can also REGISTER ONLINE.
- The Tech Series
- The Sales Series
Questions, Comments, or Suggestions:
If you have a something to say, then leave it in the comment section below.
Also, feel free to give us some suggestions on what you would like to hear on future episodes.