The busy season can be a dangerous time for service contractors. Long hours and long nights can leave your team unmotivated.
There is a good chance that you are losing some major revenue opportunities to a tired, unmotivated team. In this podcast, we are going to provide with some practical tips and advice that will keep your team motivated during the bust season.
Pearl of Wisdom
“Anyone can steer the ship, it takes a leader to chart the course.” – John Maxwell, The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership
Tip of the Week
DISCover Profiles: Test your people with DISC profiles to learn: 1. Communication styles, 2. Natural Styles, and 3. Adaptive styles. It is a huge help for creating clarity in your company and family.
Listener Submitted Questions and Highlights
4 EASY STEPS THAT CREATE CLARITY BETWEEN MANAGEMENT AND OWNERSHIP
- Create moments when you can bond with your team
- Define the purpose in the very beginning
- Communicate with strong passion
- Assign responsibilities and hold each other accountable
CREATE MOMENTS WHEN YOU CAN BOND WITH YOUR TEAM
“We have a company meeting that gives everyone time to bond; it gives time for them to communicate and just have a good time with each other.” – Matt Stewart
- Plan Events – Put it on the calendar, commit the effort.
- Include fun – A great relationship builder is to laugh together, and sweat together.
- Be intentional with your plan.
DEFINE THE PURPOSE IN THE VERY BEGINNING
“To share ideas and knowledge that you can get when you have a group of great minds together. “ – Aaron Santas
- Know what you are wanting to accomplish.
- Have Pow-Wow Meetings.
- Celebrate accomplishments.
COMMUNICATE WITH STRONG PASSION
“Avoid the trap of destructive gossip type behavior.” – Todd Liles
- Remove the fear of getting open and honest with each other.
- Listen as though the other person is right.
- Ask for moments of clarity.
ASSIGN RESPONSIBILITIES, AND HOLD EACH OTHER ACCOUNTABLE
- Learn your team to know how to assign responsibilities.
- Don’t allow anyone to abuse their responsibility or freedom they have been given.
The show is a value builder of Service Excellence Training. We provide training for Service Contractors in the classroom, at your location, and live training lessons over the internet. These are great tips for anyone in the residential contracting trades as a:
- HVAC Technician
- HVAC Salesperson
- Owners and Managers
The PRESS PLAY Training Program offers personalized training programs designed to increase your:
- Average Sale
- Tech Generated Leads
- Service Agreement Conversion
Questions, Comments, or Suggestions:
If you have a something to say, then leave it in the comment section below.
Also, feel free to give us some suggestions on what you would like to hear on future episodes.